Eating for Brain Health
You can improve your brain health with the right diet
SPICES to enhance your health –
Turmeric – is a natural anti-inflammatory and a powerful antioxidant. May help to protect the brain against Alzheimer’s disease.
Vegetarian Tikka Masala
- 1 cup uncooked rice, I used brown or white jasmine
- Seasonings – Prepare in a small bowl and mix all spices thoroughly
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 medium onion, and enough olive oil to saute
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cans , Goya Chickpea
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- Cook your rice per package instructions. Wash rice. 1cup rice/2cups water.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the onions until tender . Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in the tomatoes, coconut milk and mixed spices
- Add in the chickpeas. If additional sauce is required, add some tomato sauce, water or coconut milk.
- Taste and season with salt if needed.
- Once ready to serve, sprinkle cilantro and cashews.
Golden Turmeric Latte
- 8 fl oz non-dairy milk alternative (Almond or Soy Milk)
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 star anise
- 2 tsp Manuka honey
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra for garnish (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a small saucepan placed over a medium heat and bring to the boil, stirring often.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 5–6 minutes. Strain the spiced milk with a fine sieve into a heatproof glass.
- Garnish the top with a little sieved cinnamon, if using, and serve immediately.